Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

At devotions the other night, you and your six year old cottage "sister" were trying to decide what song to sing. You were rather emphatic that you knew the song you wanted, you just couldn't remember how it went.

So you took your children's Bible which has a song associated with each story (over 100 stories), flipped through it quickly to find the specific story that had the song you wanted, and showed it to me. I read the first line of the song and asked if that was the one you wanted. Yup! That was precisely what you were trying to remember.

Here's the thing. It's been probably 3 or 4 MONTHS since we last read that particular story. And that's assuming that I told you which song went with that story the last time we read it--because I don't always. But not only did you know which story had the song you wanted, you knew where in the book to find it.

And I don't think you can read yet....

My mind is a little blowed, oh smart one.

No comments:

Post a Comment